Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stealing Heaven



Stealing Heaven
by Elizabeth Scott

Eighteen year old Dani is a thief. She learned from her mother. They move all around, getting their hands on the silver they can and move again. They don't stay at any place long. Dani has never known anything but the life of a thief.

She and her mother arrive in a beach town called Heaven. Dani loves it there, and it feels like home for once. She's met Allison, who actually wants to be her friend. And there's a boy, Greg--a cop. No one can know the real Dani, so she is forced to lie. But with Greg, she wants to tell the truth.

Will she change her life and drift away from the stealing life, or will she and her mother leave again?

Grade: B+

Another great Elizabeth Scott novel. The only thing I didn't like about this novel was the end. It just made me want to know what happens, because it is just left open for wonder. I really liked Dani, but not the way she treated Greg. I knew she liked him from the start, but she didn't realize it. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll leave it at that. You should read this one. It's really good!

3 comments:

Bookworm said...

I started it but got bored (very, very bored)....Hm. I think I'll try it again, though! (:

Em said...

I really enjoyed this book. It's not your average teen read, the plot was very original, and just fun to immerse yourself in.

stargirlreads said...

I will be reading this!!!