Monday, February 23, 2009

Kiss Me Kill Me


Kiss Me Kill Me
by Lauren Henderson

Scarlett Wakefield made two (well, technically three) wishes on New Year's Day. She wished for bigger boobs, and to kiss Dan McAndrew.

One day after gymnastics practice, Plum, the queen of St. Tabby's "Smart Set" invited her to a party. And Dan would be there! She and Dan are alone on the terrace at the party, and he leans in and her wish came true. But then, Dan suffocated in her arms.

Now Scarlett transfered to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, where her grandmother is headmistress. Luckily, nobody knows who she is, or the secret she has, which is perfect, since she just wants to forget it. But she can't. Then she receives a note that can help her clear her name and find out what really happened to Dan.

Grade: B+

I really wanted to read this after seeing a bunch of positive reviews for it. And I wasn't disappointed. I was hooked from the start, and I never wanted to put it down. I liked Scarlett a lot, but I disliked how she betrayed her friends once the "posh" girls finally asked to sit on "their"fountain, and eventually come to a party. But, she learned her lesson, which was good. I really can't wait to read Kisses and Lies to find out what happens!

4 comments:

Bookworm said...

This one sounds good, I'm excited to begin!

Mandy said...

I've been wanting to read this and Kisses and Lies for a while now. You just made it so much worse. :P Now it's going to bug me that I don't have it, yet.

stargirlreads said...

This looks good :)

deltay said...

Hmm, I've heard great stuff about this book too, and now I'm even more looking forward to checking it out!