Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rumors: A Luxe Novel


Rumors: A Luxe Novel
by Anna Godbersen

I'm not sure how to write my own synopsis for this one, so this is from the book flap.

After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.

All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoonmake, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind--including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.

As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. Nothing is more dangerous than scandal...or more precious than a secret.

Grade: B

I enjoyed this book so much more than I did The Luxe. I was hooked from the start. I don't want to give anything away to those who haven't read the books, but this one was so surprising. I didn't see the ending coming at all, which made the book even better. Though I didn't enjoy The Luxe, I recommend the series, all because of this book. I look forward to read Envy, but probably won't get around to it for a while.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I never really like these until the end...but then she gives us a "omg what happens next" ending and I'm all excited for the next one. Splendor is going to be awesome.

Bookworm said...

I loved the Luxe and seriously need to read this one so I can move on to Envy! I agree with you and Hilary....sometimes they can be very dull, but the endings always rock! And I love the covers, the dresses are gorgeous! <3