Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scribbler of Dreams


Scribbler of Dreams
by Mary E. Pearson

Kaitlin Malone was born to hate the Crutchfields. That's just the way it has been for generations. That was always the one stable in her life, especially after her father was sent to prison for manslaughter of Robert Crutchfield.

Her senior year starts at a new school, under the name Kaitlin Hampton. At this school she meets Bram Crutchfield, the son of Robert. He wins her heart, and she can't tell him who she is. One lie turns into many lies.

How long can she hold her lies together? Kait thinks Bram will understand whenever she does tell him. Is she right?

Grade: A

I read this book a few years ago, and just like with my last post, I had to read it again and share it with you! This book is amazing. It is written so well, and you just root for Kait and Bram from the start. I really suggest you read this book. It is like Romeo and Juliet--two rival families who hate each other, but the two kids fall in love. Really, it is so good. Go get this from your library right now! :)

2 comments:

Em said...

This is a cool cover. The version I have is kinda meh and looks juvenile.

Ceridwen83 said...

Sounds like an interesting Romeo and Juliet twist. I'll have to add this to my TBR list.