Tuesday, December 30, 2008

To Be Mona


To Be Mona
by Kelly Easton

Sage just wants to be a normal seventeen year old girl. But that's kind of difficult when she has an eccentric mother who can't keep a job. This means they have hardly enough money to get by, and she has clothes from the Salvation Army.

Then she decides to change. She wants to be more like Mona, the popular girl. She wants popularity. She wants Roger Willis to notice her. She wants her mother to normal.

Can she get what she wants? Or will she lose her friends in the process? And in the end, will she know what it's like "to be Mona"?

Grade: A

This book was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself. And I do! I was hooked from the very beginning. Sage was funny and I really liked her. I loved how by the end of the story, Sage knew she couldn't pretend to be something, or someone, she wasn't. So, the story has a good lesson in it. I recommend this book. It was a fast and fun read, and you'll really enjoy it!

*Reviewed for teensreadtoo.com

0 comments: