Monday, December 29, 2008

The Lit Report


The Lit Report
by Sarah N. Harvey

Julia and Ruth have been friends since they met in Sunday school at the age of four. They have been inseparable ever since. They attend a Christian school. Julia's mother is all about God. Her father, a neonatal nurse, was remarried to Miki, a pediatrician. Ruth's father is "Pastor Pete."

One day Ruth doesn't show up at school, making Julia somewhat unhappy about it. After school, Julia calls Ruth after getting a a bunch of "CALL ME NOW" text messages. Ruth confesses that she had sex at a party and is now pregnant.

Julia comes up with a plan that will help conceal the pregnancy from everyone. And they will leave the baby on the steps of Ruth's father's church after it is born. Will the plan work out, or will Ruth decide she wants to keep the child?

Grade: A

This was a really good book. I loved the way Julia and Ruth conversated; it was like my friends and I. I really liked the story line as well. I've never read a book where the girl is hiding her pregnancy from everyone but her best friend. Julia was a strong and smart character. I disliked Ruth for the way she treated her best friend; Julia was helping her and she didn't appreciate it. I think anyone could enjoy this book.

*Also reviewed for teensreadtoo.com

0 comments: