Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Season


The Season
by Sarah MacLean

Seventeen-year-old Lady Alexandra Stafford is being introduced into Regency London this season. Too bad she doesn't fit in with her sharp tongue and her hating dress fittings. The last thing Alex wants is to marry, which is why her mother, the Duchess, is so thrilled it is finally her season.

While Alex attends lavish balls and extravagant dinner parties with her two best friends, Ella and Vivi, she also manages to uncover an important secret involving Gavin Blackmoor, a family friend. His father, the Earl, was killed, and Alex wants to help Gavin find the murderer. In the process of growing closer to Gavin, she finds her feelings changing, and realizes that maybe marriage and love aren't as bad as she thought them to be.

Grade: A

I was so excited when I got this book. And I was not disappointed. Sarah MacLean wrote an amazing debut novel that was hard to put down. I loooove historical fiction, and this is one of my new favorites in that genre. I loved Alex's character. She was witty and fun. She definitely seemed like someone I would be friends with. Blackmoor just seemed so handsome when I read about his features. I want to meet him! :) Anyways! This novel was amazing, and I look forward to more of Sarah's writing! You should all read it!

*reviewed for teensreadtoo.com

3 comments:

krystenB said...

hey looks like a good book.can i borrow it? lol

Bookworm said...

This looks so addicting! I've heard so much good feedback, so I'm super-excited to start!

Unknown said...

I really loved that book! I thought it got an deserved a good rating too. Nice blog ;o)