Friday, March 27, 2009

it's my birthday :)


That is right. It is my birthday! I am now 19 years old. Can you believe it?! I can't! I feel soooo much older than you young ones around the blogosphere! I guess I will just tell you all about myself.

My name is Ashley, but I'm prettttty sure you all know that by now. I live in Tacoma, Washington. Right now I attend Tacoma Community College where I intend on getting my Associates in Elementary Education. From there I will transfer to a university!

I loooove to read. Duh! Young adult fiction has always been a favorite. My mom is always telling me to broaden my mind in reading, by branching out. Sometimes I do, but I just love YA so incredibly much because I can relate.

I really enjoy writing. I actually have been working on a few "books" of my own, though none are any where near being finished. It is a goal of my to become a published author. When that happens, I will hold a contest. ;)

I loooove music. Soooo much. I listen to everthing--though I'm not big on country. I was a band geek, since 5th grade. I played the flute and piccolo. I play some guitar, but I'm not that good at it. I need to keep practicing!

My room is never clean. I always start it, but it never gets finished. I get distracted easily, and tend to find lost things.

I am a total Norwegian geek. It is now 10 years ago that I started attending Norwegian camp as a kid. I went for 7 years, and just this past summer I came back as a counselor. I loved it, and it helped me decide to be an elementary school teacher. I love all things Norwegian!

Lately I have been trying all sorts of energy drinks. It is quite interesting. Most of them taste the same. Haha

Well, if you want to know anything about me, I'd be happy to share! Just email me!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

happy Birthday to one of my favorite bloggersm have a great day.

Barry

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great one!

Janssen said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's a lovely day!

Steph Su said...

Happy birthday Ashley! College kids = the cool kids, so have no fears that you are 19. It's a good age to be!! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! May it be as happy and book-ful as it can be :)

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Dear Ashley!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, book filled day!

Erika Powell said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! If it makes you feel any better, I recently turned 20 haha. Have a great B-Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy BDay!

and FYI...I am 20 going on 21 soon! :P

YA Book Realm said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ashley!! It was my brothers b-day yesterday. lol

Let us know if you got anything interesting! =D

Amy said...

Oh wow! Happy b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm dreading turning 19, because that means I'll have to actually work.
we actually have lots in common, besides the Norwegian stuff lol
I hope to be an author when I grow up..
-amy

krystenB said...

mann i just saw this post for your birthday! so yeah lol happy birthday late even though i did it texting and myspace lol learned some new things about ya too hehe love ya! :]