Friday, March 6, 2009

Meet Me at the Boardwalk


Meet Me at the Boardwalk
by Erin Haft

Seashell Point is the home of three best friends: Jade, Megan, and Miles. It is a resort town, and almost the start of the season. The three friends are not looking forward to being surrounded by tourists.

This summer Jade gets the house to herself, but her sister is coming to stay with her. Miles has his eye on a tourist that Megan befriended. Megan tries to hide her secret crush on Miles.

When the threesome finds out about the plan to tear down the boardwalk, they are completely against it. And they come up with a plan to stop it.

Grade: C

This book was pretty average. I admit that I was drawn to it by the cover and title. I mean, that cover is just gorgeous, and I love all things beachy. There wasn't really anything special I noticed while reading this. I liked the relationship between the three friends. So, I wouldn't really suggest this for you, but hey, you may enjoy it more than I did.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hm, it does look good. The cover is beautiful. I'm contemplating on whether I would read it or not. Great review. ^^

Kd said...

...Your right the cover does make the book look amazing, Im sad that it was just average. :[

A Paperback Writer said...

I've picked up many a book with a great cover only to discover it was very bleah on the inside. I can think of several popular at the school where I teach that are just dumb books with gorgeous covers.
I notice, though, that this is another one of those chopped-off photos. Have you noticed how it's been a trend for a couple of years not to show a girl's head on a cover? At least this one chops off the guy as well.