Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweethearts


Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

4.5/5

Jennifer Harris is dead. She's become Jenna Vaughn, since her mother remarried. They moved, Jenna goes to a new school, leaving her entire past behind her.

Her birthday is here. Birthdays were always hard on her, ever since that one birthday many years ago...Anyways, now she has the life, the friends, the boyfriend. One thing is missing. Her best friend from grade school. One day he up and disappeared, no word, no letter, no nothing. Jennifer thought he was dead, and her mother didn't tell her that he wasn't.

One day, Cameron Quick, her best friend from long ago, turns up at her school. She is happy, confused, and thoughtful. As she goes through her own personal problems, she is thinking more and more about her's and Cameron's past together, and what they have to do now, since they have both been keeping that terrible secret of what really happened on her birthday those years ago.

This book was really sad, I thought. It was good, but slow, especially in the beginning. I liked how like, every other chapter was of what had been going on at Cameron's house on her one birthday. That made the story make more sense. The worst thing about this book was the ending. I didn't like that part at all. It made me really sad, and I want to know more. It just wasn't a good part to end at, I think. But otherwise, it was a good story, and can be relatible to the people who have actually been through this before. Go read it!

3 comments:

Test said...

I read this book awhile ago and I thought it was an excellent book. Though, I thought it could have had a happier ending.

Lauren

The Compulsive Reader said...

This is on my wishlist...I'll have to see if my library has it.

Carolina said...

I read Story of a girl and it was really good and now i really want to read Sweethearts. I'll check it out at my library. :)