Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Airhead



Airhead by Meg Cabot

5 out of 5!

Emerson Watts is your average girl. She is a junior in high school, has a best friend, Christopher, whom she secretly loves, and a sister who is embarrassed by her.

On the day of the Stark Megastore grand-opening, Em is forced to go, to watch after her sister, Frida. Gabriel Luna, the singer-song-writer, and Frida's crush, was to be performing and signing autographs. Nikki Howard, the Face of Stark, was to be there too. An accident strikes, changing Em and Nikki forever.

Em wakes up in the hospital a month later. She is utterly confused about what had happened. Gabriel Luna visits her in the hospital, and Em didn't know why. Then she realizes that she isn't Em Watts anymore. Lulu Collins, Nikki Howard's BFF comes with Brandon Stark, Nikki's on-again off-again boyfriend to kidnap her. Em tries to explain that she wasn't Nikki Howard, but Lulu just wanted to believe there was a spirit-transfer, like in Freaky Friday. Em notices a tender scar on the back of her head, and then recalls watching a surgery show with Christopher about brain transplants. She realized that she was now Em Watts in...Nikki Howard's body.

She gets back to the hospital, and demands to hear what was going on. Turns out, just as Em was trying to save Nikki from a falling TV at the grand-opening, Nikki just happened to have an aneurysm at the same moment. That left Nikki Howard dead, and Em gravely injured. Now Em must be Nikki Howard, a model, so her parents don't have to pay two million dollars worth of medical bills plus more. Em decides she wants to go to school. Her story is that she had amnesia from the accident, so she doesn't remember how to model or anything. She wants to go to school so she can be around Christopher, since she can't even tell him that she's still here.

Em (erm...Nikki) goes through obstacles with boys who are in love with her, papparazzi, obsessing fans, and her agent. Well...Em Watts is gone, and Nikki Howard is here to stay.

This was an awesome book! Meg Cabot is my favorite author, so I was glad to get another great book by her. It was fun, and different than most of her other books. I really enjoyed it. I stayed up until 2 finishing it! Em was a strong, edgy character who you can relate to. Frida was like a normal little sister who is embarrassed by her "average" older sister. Overall, it was a great story and I can't wait until the sequel, "Being Nikki" comes out!

5 comments:

Elainareads said...

Great review!! I really want to read this book. Meg Cabot is an awesome author.

=D

Anonymous said...

I've had an ARC of this book for a while, and although i love Meg Cabot's books, i always had a book i wanted to read more. Now i'll have to read it, great review.

Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

Breanna said...

I'm so jealous of you Kayla! I would have read it ages ago if I had ARC, lol. I still have yet to buy it.

I didn't read the review Ashely, but I'm sure it's good! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Airhead!

-Breanna

Hillary said...

I really wanna read this! Great review!

Test said...

I bought this book a couple of days ago and can't wait to read it. Anway, Great Review!