Thursday, January 29, 2009

Before I Die


Before I Die: A Novel
by Jenny Downham

Tessa is sick. Very sick. She has no idea how long she has left to live. So she makes a list of things she wants to do before she dies.

She starts going through her list, making it longer as she thinks of more things, and doesn't think she will get them done. Afterall, she doesn't know how long she has.

Grade: B-

(My synopsis is so short because I didn't want to give too much away if you haven't read this.) This book was sad. I really disliked Tessa's friend Zoey. The story just jumps right in, and by the end, I was really upset by it. :( The story was really good, and well-written. I liked how towards the end, the spacing between paragraphs got larger, because Tessa was always asleep.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

Doesn't really look like my type of read but good nonetheless.

Just Listen said...

I liked the spacing part at the end heaps as well. It was really smart, but made it so much sadder.