Friday, January 23, 2009

Inkheart


Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke

Meggie's father, Mo, has a secret. When he reads aloud from a book, it comes into real life. Years ago he read from Inkheart and the villian Capricorn emerged, and his wife went in. Mo cannot read Capricorn back into the story either, meaning he can't get his wife back.

Meggie lay awake one night, and looks out the window to see a man standing outside. He is Dustfinger, and he calls Mo "Silvertongue". From that day on, Meggie's life will change forever.

Grade: C

This book was pretty average. I admit that I read it because I think the movie looks good, and I like to read books before seeing the movie. Whenever I see the movie, I will compare them in a post. It was an interesting story, I just couldn't get into it. I had trouble reading for a long period of time, which isn't fun, but I just had to finish it. I don't really recommend this book, but hey, you may enjoy it more than I did.

6 comments:

Bookworm said...

Ooo...cool.

I love your blog, I'm following you now!

Katie said...

I like to read the book before I watch the movie, too. =] Can't wait to hear what you thought of the movie.

Kd said...

I want to see this movie! :D

Btw I tagged you at my blog! :]

Katie (KD)

Laina said...

I love Inkheart myself, it's one of my favourite books, but to each their own. :)

Beth said...

The series gets better later.

Pete said...

Thannks for writing