Saturday, May 9, 2009

Living Dead Girl


Living Dead Girl
by Elizabeth Scott

Once upon a time...

"Alice" was taken by Ray when she was 10 years old. She was on a field trip at the zoo. He took her from all she knew: friends, family, life.

She is now 15, still with Ray, living at Shady Pines Apartments. People think she is Ray's daughter. She has learned to endure the pain, but all she really wants is to die. To be away from Ray and the pain. But she can't run away.

Grade: A

Fantastic. I read this in just a few hours. I've heard only good thoughts on this book, and I cannot think of anything I disliked about it. Though, I was a little disappointed with the abrupt ending. The story was so...raw. I really enjoyed it, even if it was hard to read in some ways. I just...can't imagine that being me. It is so terrible. :( But, of course, Elizabeth Scott has amazed me yet again.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I completely agree. It was hard to read, but it was great too.

Shalonda said...

This book haunted me. It was such a powerful story, and I think everyone should read it.

I totally agree with your opinion.

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good.