Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Know It's Over


I Know It's Over
by C.K. Kelly Martin

from cover flap:

Pure. Unplanned. Perfect.

Those were Nick's summer plans before Sasha stepped into the picture. With the collateral damage from his parents' divorce still settling and Dani (his girl of the moment) up for nearly anything, complications are the last thing he needs.

All that changes, though, when Nick runs into Sasha at the beach in July. Suddenly he's neck-deep in a relationship and surprised to find he doesn't mind in the least. But Nick's world shifts again when Sasha breaks up with him. Then weeks later, while Nick's still reeling from the breakup, she turns up at his doorstep and tells him she's pregnant, and with his emotions and hopes crashing around him, Nick finds himself struggling once more to understand the girl he can't stop caring for, the girl who insists that it's still over.

Grade: B+

So, I had no idea how to write my own synopsis, so I just copied the flap one. I have wanted to read this one for a long time, but I just waited until it was available at the library. I'm not quite sure how to describe how I feel about this novel...It was nice to read from a guy's point of view on the topic of pregnancy. I've heard only great things about this one, but I can't say I was completely impressed--probably because of the ending. But, it was a good storyline, and I look forward to reading One Lonely Degree when it comes out.

2 comments:

Alley Tee said...

You've been nominated for an award @ my blog:
Sarcastic Humour and Chewed Up Pen Caps

Unknown said...

That seems to be an enjoyable read and story.

A long time ago, I learned the hard way about leaving when things are over. My favorite line is from a song my the french singer "Charles Aznavore"... 'You have to learn to leave the table, when loves no longer being served'

Storyheart