Sunday, May 24, 2009

Being Nikki: An Airhead Novel


Being Nikki: An Airhead Novel
by Meg Cabot

Emerson Watts' life has sure changed since she became the face of Stark Enterprises: Nikki Howard. As if life wasn't hard enough already! Christopher, the boy of her dreams, hardly notices her existence. It seems as though her real family will never get used to her new body.

Now, her mother has gone mysteriously missing. Her brother, Steven, has shown up at her apartment wanting to know where she is. As if Em knows! Her (ex) best friend is planning on ruining Stark. A pop star wrote a song about loving her, too!

But what is it with Stark? They know a little too much about Em. Where did those holes in the loft ceiling come from? How did they know she was at Christopher's? What are they hiding...?

Grade: A

Another amazing Meg Cabot novel. Will I ever be disappointed by her? I think not. I totally love the idea of the Airhead novels. I mean, just imagine that really happening...a brain transplant, and all this shady stuff behind the scenes with a company bigger than Walmart! Phew! Anyways! Well, I adore Em's character. She is a lot of fun, and I love the way she thinks. And I love Christopher! He seems so cute. :) I look forward to Runaway, whenever it will be realeased. I'm interested to see what happens to Em, especially after that crazy ending to this book!

3 comments:

Kd said...

ahhh! I really need to read this series I have heard nothing but good about it. Nice review :D

Amy said...

This was so fun to read! And as usual, she kills me with her cliffhangers! Why can't she just write a book every day?
-amy

Okie said...

The cover almost turned me off on this one, but I got beyond it (following the old adage) and read the synopsis of this and Airhead and I'm really looking forward to reading this series eventually. It'll probably be a while as I have a ton of other stuff backlogged on my shelf already, but I've added the series to my wishlist thanks to great reviews like this one.

Thanks.