Monday, June 22, 2009

Sea Change


Sea Change
by Aimee Friedman

Sixteen-year-old Melanie Merchant is great at science...and not so great with boys. After some drama with her boyfriend and (ex) best friend, she is happy to get away from New York City for the summer. She is going to Selkie Island, where she will help her mother sort out her late mother's home.

While on Selkie, she meets a few girly girls, handsome T.J., and mysterious Leo. While everyone thinks she belongs with T.J., she finds herself drawn to Leo. But it seems like he is hiding something.

Grade: A

I wanted this book so badly. I was kind of iffy on whether or not to buy the book, because not many reviewers around the blogosphere were that impressed by it. But, I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed it. I loved Leo the most. He seemed like my type of guy. ;) Miranda was a good character, but kind of weird, which was good. I got really confused by Miranda's mother. But, I really enjoyed reading this. It was romantic, mysterious, and fun.

2 comments:

stargirlreads said...

I wasn't a fan but glad you liked it :)

Dominique said...

maybe I'll have to check this book out! :)