Thursday, April 8, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic


Confessions of a Shopaholic
by Sophie Kinsella

Rebecca Bloomwood shops. Too bad she can't afford it, even with her numerous credit cards. Her job at Successful Savings is a complete bore, and who is she, a woman in debt, to give out financial advice?

She keeps ignoring those important bank envelopes that are overloading her mailbox, tries cutting back, and even tries making more money, but all things don't turn out. But then a story Becky is interested in comes along. This could be her chance to make it in journalism! And her chance to turn her life around!

Grade: A

First off, I simply ADORE the movie. Although, I find it strange how different it was from the book; mostly the setting, which somewhat changes the vernacular of the characters--Manhattan Becky is very different from British Becky. Just sayin'!

But, I am actually thinking, and I NEVER say this, that I prefer the movie over the book. I liked Manhattan Becky better than British Becky! Though the book was really fun to read, and it was the same quirky Becky, just with an accent and different words, I just didn't picture it the way I normally do with a book. Does that make sense? But the book was wonderful, don't get me wrong. Just if I have to choose between the book and movie, I would for sure be picking the movie on this one.

So, I suppose this isn't really much of a review. But, it's all I can come up with right now.

4 comments:

forthosewhocravefashion said...

I loved the movie so I hope to read and review this book soon!

Miss Remmers said...

My review was very similar - I just didn't know where to go with it.:)

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I loved the book and the movie, and I can see where you are coming from. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers
Thanks