Monday, February 8, 2010

Fat Cat


Fat Cat
by Robin Brande

Catherine "Cat" Locke has no idea what to do for her science fair project. But then it hits her. She is going to be her project. For the next 7 months, Cat is going to become a hominin. That means no more junk food, television, computer (except for school use), or cars and phones (except for emergencies). This is going to be hard of the chocolate eating, Diet Coke drinking Kit Cat.

She knows her project is going to blow Matt McKinney's out of the water, and that is just what she wants. They haven't been friends since he betrayed her...even if it was four years ago. As her pounds start dropping, her confidence rises, and boys start to notice her, she is still too busy hating Matt.

Grade: A+

(First off, I would like to thank
Steph at Steph Su Reads. If not for her Blog Blitz post {The Best YA Books You Haven't Read}, I would have never heard of this book. Thanks Steph!)

Once I picked up this novel, I could hardly put it down. All of the characters were interesting. The plot was totally original. I have never read anything like it before, and I loved every minute of it. I found no dull moment whatsoever, either. I really liked all of the scientific references, since Cat is the "science geek". The novel really puts you into perspective of how a teenage girl can be so insecure in her own body. Cat changes so much throughout the book. And her changes are for the better. She wants to be healthier, she wants to beat Matt, but then she realizes it was a change that she wanted, and needed. I recommend this book for anyone, really. It was really enjoyable, and I'm so glad I got a copy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I looked up other books by this author and was wondering if you had read "Evolution, Me and Other Freaks". I would recommend it if you liked her other stuff!

-JasmineFlower

Ashley said...

I haven't read that. Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers
Thanks

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles