Friday, February 19, 2010

My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions


My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions
by Becca Wilhite

Sarah Howard is starting her first year at university. She is ready to blend in like she always has. She expects things to be the same as usual. What she doesn't expect is Ben, a hottie in her Art History class to become interested in her.

Sarah believes herself to be average, except her crazy Medusa hair. So, when Ben starts hanging around more, she just plays along, knowing that it is too good to be true, and he will realize his mistake soon. They always do, right?

Grade: A+

I hadn't heard anything about this book before receiving it. Once I got started, it was hard to stop. The story was incredibly believable, from the cheesy lines, to the nerves of an unexpected relationship. During the whole novel, I felt as though Sarah just didn't get it, and she didn't. The way she thought got a little old, because it was obvious that Ben was interested, and he wasn't giving up easily.

As the reader, I got angry at Sarah because she couldn't get it out of her head that there are guys out there that won't burn you! And Ben was that guy! Together, they were great. The character I wanted to learn more about was Chel, Sarah's best friend. They didn't seem so much like best friends to me. Chel was there for Sarah, but it seemed as though she was just straight to the point, this is what I think and know, good-bye, which is very different from my relationship between my best friends. Overall, this was a totally enjoyable, cute and fast read.

*released March 2, 2010
**reviewed for
TeensReadToo

2 comments:

Test said...

Great review! This book sounds really cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers
Thanks