Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Waking: Dreams of the Dead


The Waking: Dreams of the Dead
by Thomas Randall

Kara Foster and her father just moved to Japan to follow their dreams after the death of Kara's mother. She is the American girl, an outsider. Then she meets Sakura, another outsider at the private school.

Sakura is haunted by her sister's death that happened during the previous school year. Then, Kara starts having nightmares. Other students turn up dead. But who is killing them?

Grade: B-

I'm a big fan of the supernatural. From the start of the story, I didn't really know what was going on. I kept reading and reading, and was like, where is the supernatural part? That didn't hit until way towards the end of the book, sadly. So, really, the book kind of dragged for me. It kept me interested though, because I really wanted to know what in the world was going on. It was an interesting read, because the author included Japanese words. This book will be a part of a series, but I don't think I will be checking out the next books.

*reviewed for teensreadtoo.com