Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Lost Summer


The Lost Summer
by Kathryn Williams

Helena Waite is finally a counselor at Southpoint, a summer camp for girls. She's been going to camp for years, and it is all she looks forward to. The bad part is, Katie Bell, her best friend, missed the counselor age requirement by a few months, and is therefore is stuck as a camper for another year.

Katie Bell and Helena swear camp will be the same. But Helena thinks it will be different. And it is. Helena leaves Katie Bell behind for her counselor friends, and Ransome, her long time crush that has become a reality.

Grade: B

As I've mentioned before, I love camp, therefore, camp books are a must read for me. And look at that cover. I love it. It reminds me of one of the camps I attend, because of the lake. I was a little disappointed in the read. The ending was a complete surprise that I didn't see coming, which is always a good thing. A lot of the time I found myself quite annoyed with Helena, what with her treating her best friend the way she did. With me knowing so much about camp, it made me curious, because most of the time it seemed as though there was nobody watching the children. I really thought this book was going to be different. It was quite average.

5 comments:

Manoj Sharma said...

Volunteering can be a wonderful learning experience and also very rewarding! Here are some more reasons to volunteer:
• Get to know Canadians
• Improve communications skills
• Share your culture
I was arranging a placement with one of our partners in children’s programs and we were discussing the summer camp program for children. For more knowledge visit here volunteer work vancouver

Raspberry said...

Thanks for this review - totally going to read it. :)
http://bookingthrough365.blogspot.com/

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

I have this one on my wish list, but I hoping it'd come out more than average. I'll probably end up still picking it up sometime. Thanks for the review.

Amber

Michelle Hussey said...

I am glad to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks and Regards
Here is some useful information for you.......
Gazco Riva2 530
Gazco Riva2 670
Gazco Riva2 800
Gazco Riva2 1050
Gazco Riva 53
Gazco Riva 67
Gazco Linea Wall Mounted
Gazco Huntingdon 30 Electric
Gazco Stockton Electric
Gazco Marlborough Electric

Gazco Clarendon Electric
Gazco Ashdon Electric
Gazco Steel Manhattan Electric
Gazco Riva Vision Electric
Gazco Studio Electric
Gazco Riva2 670 Electric
Gazco Studio Electric Inset
Gazco Logic Electric
Thanks
Banyo


DRU
DRU Centro Fires
DRU Excellence Fires
DRU Venteo Fires
DRU Metro Fires
DRU Cosmo Fires
DRU Lugo Fires
DRU Largo Fires
DRU Paco Fires
DRU Milo Fires

Michelle Hussey said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.
push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

vaingloriousfellow