Saturday, July 18, 2009

Princess Academy


Princess Academy
by Shannon Hale

High on Mount Eskel, there is a village where Miri lives with all the other villagers. All her life, Miri has dreamed of working with the others in the quarry, pounding away at the linder of the mountain. Miri's Pa will never let her work though, and she thinks it is because she is so small.

From the valley, news comes from king's priests that the next princess will come from Mount Eskel, and the prince will choose her himself. But before a girl is chosen, all the girls eligible must attend an academy to prepare.

Grade: A

Me and my "co-counselor" read this each night to the 6 girls in our room at camp. I loved every minute of it. It leans more towards the younger crowd, but that didn't matter. The story was so fun, and I really enjoyed it. The ending could have lasted longer, but am I happy with it. What really hooked me were the names. They were Norwegian, and we were at Norwegian camp, so I loved it. :)