Friday, June 12, 2009

Twenty Boy Summer


Twenty Boy Summer
by Sarah Ockler

It has been a year since the tragic death of Matt, Frankie's brother, and Anna's best friend. Everyone is still mourning. Frankie's parents think they are ready to go to their annual vacation spot in Zanzibar Bay, California. And this summer they are bringing Anna along with them.

Here comes the Absolute Best Summer Ever, code name A.B.S.E., for Anna and Frankie. Frankie has come up with the plan for she and Anna to meet twenty boys while in California for the "perfect" summer romance.

Little does Frankie know, Anna has already had her perfect summer romance. It was last summer, with Matt. Before Frankie knew, Matt had died. He was to tell her on their vacation, and Anna had promised not to say anything. And she has still kept that promise.

Grade: A+

First off, this cover is so cute. I love sea glass! Now, onto the review: I absolutely loved this book! It was so cute, and I just could not put it down to go to sleep. So, I finished it way late last night! I loved Anna, and by the end of the novel, I could really tell how much she had changed over the weeks she was in California. It was hard to picture her and Frankie being best friends, only because they seemed so incredibly different. The idea of the novel was totally original. And I could totally see it happening to two best friends. Overall, it was a super cute book, and a great start to my summer reading! You should all check it out if you haven't all ready.

*reviewed for teensreadtoo.com

2 comments:

Janssen said...

I can't wait to get a copy of this - it looks SO fun!

krystenB said...

oh man, you gotta let me borrow this one! lol. soundss goooood!