Friday, June 19, 2009

Along for the Ride


Along for the Ride
by Sarah Dessen

Auden missed out on so much during her childhood and teenage life, including riding a bike and even just encountering girl talk. She was never considered a child. Born to her demanding professor mother, and writer father, she always was focused on her academics.

Now is the summer for her to get away from her mother before starting college in the fall. She travels to Colby, a small beach town, to visit her father, his new wife, Heidi, and their newborn, Thisbe. Auden gets a job at Clementine's, Heidi's girly shop, where she finally encounters that girl talk. She also meets Eli, a fellow insomniac. He takes Auden on her quest, each night checking something off the list of things she never got to do.

Grade: A

Boy, oh boy. I could not wait any longer to get my own copy of this. I woke up on the 16th and hurried on my way to B&N to get one, paying way too much for a book, but oh well. First off, the cover is gorgeous. Love it. And now, moving on to the review.

Sarah Dessen has been one of my favorite authors since I read This Lullaby, the first book of her's that I read. This book I was looking forward to so much, and it did not disappoint. I loved the characters, and all of the changes that Auden went through. At that one point of the book where she didn't join the game, though, I got so disappointed in her. But all was good in the end. I loved Eli as well. He seemed like such a perfect match for Auden, and he really helped her. Overall, you should definitely pick this up, along with any other Dessen book you can get your hands on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this book. Sarah Dessen is amazing. <3

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Great review! I loved this book and really enjoyed watching Auden and Eli grow throughout the summer.

Amber

Bookworm said...

Awesome review! A fellow blogger's giving me her extra copy. I don't know if I can wait....I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail already!!! *squeeeee!*

Book Butterfly (Kim) said...

Hi Ashley, thanks for the great review, this is on my To Read List. I've never read any of her books before but I can't wait!
Kim

Breanna said...

Great review! I can't wait to read this. I actually just bought it today. Only 11 bucks at Costco. I could not contain myself!

Can't wait to read this one :)

-Breanna

Dominique said...

This is definitely on my TBR list!
My favorites by Sarah Dessen are Lock & Key and Just Listen!!