Sunday, April 19, 2009

Waiting for You


Waiting for You
by Susane Colasanti

Marisa would love to have a fresh start her freshman year. A boyfriend is at the top of her list.

The people in her life? Derek, the boy she wants, already has a girlfriend. Her best friend, Sterling, is always falling for guys that are too old for her, has turned to online dating. Her whole family is acting weird, especially her parents. Then there is Nash, her childhood friend/neighbor. They share the dock down at the river.

And then there is the DJ of an underground podcast that the whole school is listening to. The guy is named "Dirty Dirk," and Marisa feels like he really knows what she is going through in all of her relationships. If only she could find out who he really is.

Grade: A

I was soooo stoked to get a copy of this, since I fell in love with When it Happens. Thanks Susane! :) I'm not sure where to begin...But I shall try! :) I absolutely loved the plot. A lot of teens can relate to it--you realllllly like this one guy, but the guy you should like is right there in front of you. I really enjoyed all of the characters, especially Nash...I loved him! I think there should have been more to the relationship disruption between Marisa's parents though; that is the only thing I would like to know more about before the...something. So, to sum it all up, this book was pretty much amazing. And you should for sure go pick it up once it comes out!

*released May 14, 2009

10 comments:

Janssen said...

How cute was Nash? I really loved him.

Michelle B. said...

Susane Colasanti has been someone I've been wanting to read for awhile. I'll have to keep my eye out for this one!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo excited for this one!

Robyn Campbell said...

Love your blog so I nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

Fantastic Book Review said...

Great review and I love your blog. You have an award on my blog.

http://fantasticbookreview.blogspot.com/

Kd said...

Oh this one looks really good! I also loved "when it happens" :D

Anna said...

This one was really good... I love the writing style, and it was so cute!

hope.

krystenB said...

That sounds like a great book! I def am gonna borrow that :]

Amelia said...

You got an award on my blog

Melanie said...

I really want to read this book!