Friday, April 3, 2009

A Season of Eden


A Season of Eden
by J.M. Warwick

Eighteen-year old Eden is awaiting the end of her senior year so she can get the heck outta her house. Her father ignores her, and even worse, he remarried TWO MONTHS after the death of Eden's mother. Stacey is a gold-digger, but he just doesn't see it.

Eden decides to take Concert Choir--an easy A, of course. But she doesn't expect to enjoy the class. Or the teacher, Mr. Christian. He is a god on the piano, thoroughly gorgeous, and totally oblivious to his mega-hotness. Eden is drawn to him instantly.

She knows it's wrong to like her teacher. But he is nothing like the boys she has had in her life--he is a man. A relationship between a student and a teacher is more than complicated. But Eden always gets what she wants.

Grade: A

I had no idea what to expect when I got this book. I wasn't even fully aware of what the story was about. But once I started, I couldn't stop. It was AMAZING. I have never read about a teacher-student relationship before, so I was really intrigued. The writing was great. I could feel the passion between Eden and James (Mr. Christian). I could feel how much Eden wanted to be with him. I loved James. He seemed perfect, and extremely cute. :) The only thing I didn't like was the ending, because it left me unsatisfied. I have no idea what will happen with Eden and James, and I want to know! To sum it up, this book was amazing, and I am going to keep my eyes peeled for more books by the author. You should read this.

*thanks Devyn for the contest! If you didn't have this contest, I don't think I would have ever found this great book!

4 comments:

Kd said...

Never read about a teacher-student relationship before. But it sounds really good! I especially love the cover!

Amanda said...

The cover is interesting.
great review!

Amy said...

oh wow, I've got to read this now! I'm really intriqued...
-amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, Ashly. Please leave your review on goodreads and amazon for me! JM Warwick

And anyone within the sound of this post who wants to read this book, contact me at jmwarwickaov@yahoo.com and I'll see that your local library gets a copy.