Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The School for Dangerous Girls


The School for Dangerous Girls
by Eliot Schrefer

Angela Cardenas is sent to Hidden Oak by her parents after they think there is nothing left that they can do to help her. This is her parents' last hope, a reform school for girls..."dangerous" girls. But this is not the normal kind of school.

Angela soon finds out that the school does not have her best interest at heart. She and her new friends, including Juin and Carmen, decide that they need to do something about the school, even if that means getting the school shut down for good.

Grade: D-

I was very interested after reading a few reviews for this novel. It sounded really cool and unique. And it was. But sadly, not until pretty much the very end of the book. There didn't seem to be anything really amazing about it. The end had me turning pages quickly, but other than the interesting ending, I was disappointed. The characters weren't fully explained. I was expecting more than what I got. So, all in all, I agree with the past reviews I have read. Don't bother with this one, unless you want to wait 300 pages for it to get really good. (This is the worst grade I have ever given a book!)