Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bounce



Bounce
by: Natasha Friend

3.5/5

Evyn's mother died when she was young. It has been her, Birdie (her scruffy father), and her brother Mackey for a very long time. This life is all she knows, and all she wants. And then her father meets Eleni, and they all suddenly engaged to be married.

Birdie moves his kids to Boston to move in with Eleni and her kids. There is Ajax (like the soap!), the sweater twins, Thalia, Phoebe, and Linus, who lives in a dorm at college. Evyn doesn't want to get used to this life. She hates everything about it. Her father changes; he isn't scruffy anymore. Is she able to bounce, or is she not able to handle this new life?

This book was pretty good. It wasn't the best story ever, and it wasn't a real page-turner. But it was interesting. Evyn was a strong character, but I don't like how she handled the moving/step-mother situation. It was really kind of childish, though she was only a thirteen year old girl. I wouldn't really recommend this book. It's more for the younger crowd too. Overall, the book was okay.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of picking this one up because I absolutely adore the cover, but now I'm not thinking I will. Which is a good thing because I have WAY too much to read right now.

Carolina said...

I read this book! And yes it really wasn't that interesting but it was still good. Oh and no I didn't get all those books in one day. I got them all in one week. :)

Em said...

I've only read Perfect by this author but I really loved it. I'll have to check this one out too. I just got Lush by her in the mail this week.