Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Line


The Line
by Teri Hall

Rachel and her widowed mother, Vivian, have lived on The Property since Rachel was a little girl. The Property belongs to Ms. Moore. The Property is right on The Line, an invisible border separating the Unified States from Away. Rachel spends her days at the greenhouse with Ms. Moore's orchids, wondering about The Line.

When she finds a message from an Other of Away asking for help, Rachel will stop at nothing to do just that.

Grade: B

I think this is the first futuristic kind of book I have read before, and I really liked it! It wasn't really what I was expecting. From the cover, I thought it might be something kind of spooky, because, really, look at that creepy lookin' cover! It took me a while to finish, because I always got sidetracked when I was reading this. The story really didn't pick up until the last few chapter, which made the rest of the novel to seem like it went really slow.

The ending was quite the cliffhanger, so I might just have to pick up a copy of The Away, the sequel to The Line, when in comes out next year.

3 comments:

Godlybandgeek07 said...

I can't believe this book is going to be a series!!!! I was really excited when I first saw it because I thought it was going to be ana amazing stand alone. Thanks for the review, I am now not as anxious to read it.

-Sarag

Valley Of Words said...

Aw, you didn't like it? I thought it was a decent read, maybe you'll like the second one better.
-Areej

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers
Thanks