Monday, November 9, 2009

Old Magic


Old Magic
by Marianne Curley

Kate Warren just knows that there is something different about Jarrod Thornton as soon as he walks into the classroom. She thinks he is supernatural...like her. And not much later, a thunderstorm occurs, in the classroom.

But, Jarrod doesn't believe in the paranormal. He doesn't believe Kate, but goes along with it, because he finds her fascinating. But he has a problem. Anything bad that happens always will happen to him. Kate thinks it is a curse, conjured up from Jarrod's ancestors, which age back to medieval Europe.

Together, to save him and his family, Kate and Jarrod embark on an adventure to try to help him, and maybe learn a little too.

Grade: A+

This was my first book from PaperBackSwap, and I was totally impressed. I hadn't heard of this book before, nor the author, but I am sooo glad I got it. It was amazing. There is history, romance, and it was just a fun story. And look at that guy on the cover. He is SMOKIN. :] Medieval Europe is one of the most interesting time periods to me, and this book included it, which made it even better. I loved the relationship between Kate and Jarrod; I just wanted to be her so I could be around that guy! I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a little magic.

6 comments:

L said...

This book sounds really good!

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award over at my blog! http://hookedonyabooks.blogspot.com/2009/11/bunch-of-awards-d.html

Anonymous said...

I thought about buying this book a long time ago, but decided against it. I will have to check it out again.

Anonymous said...

when i read oh so many years ago i LOVED it too!

btw LOVE your background-one of the best i've seen!

Kath said...

I read this book a couple years ago, not sure how I found it but I loved it as well.

Below is a link to Amazon, they have a new cover that's pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1416989919/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Michelle Hussey said...

I am glad to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks and Regards
Here is some useful information for you.......
Gazco Riva2 530
Gazco Riva2 670
Gazco Riva2 800
Gazco Riva2 1050
Gazco Riva 53
Gazco Riva 67
Gazco Linea Wall Mounted
Gazco Huntingdon 30 Electric
Gazco Stockton Electric
Gazco Marlborough Electric

Gazco Clarendon Electric
Gazco Ashdon Electric
Gazco Steel Manhattan Electric
Gazco Riva Vision Electric
Gazco Studio Electric
Gazco Riva2 670 Electric
Gazco Studio Electric Inset
Gazco Logic Electric
Thanks
Banyo


DRU
DRU Centro Fires
DRU Excellence Fires
DRU Venteo Fires
DRU Metro Fires
DRU Cosmo Fires
DRU Lugo Fires
DRU Largo Fires
DRU Paco Fires
DRU Milo Fires

Michelle Hussey said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.
push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

vaingloriousfellow