Monday, March 2, 2009

Cracked Up to Be


Cracked Up to Be
by Courtney Summers

Parker Fadley isn't so perfect anymore. She starts drinking at school and fails all her classes. No one knows why the cheerleading captain quit or why she broke up with the most popular guy in school.

Parker just wants to be left alone. But everyone keeps bugging her. Her ex is still in love with her, her parents eventually make her see a shrink, and she's forced to see the school counselor weekly. The New Kid, Jake, wants to date her, and she's starting to feel things she doesn't want to feel.

Nobody knows what happened. And she won't tell. She can't. It was too horrible. And it was all her fault.

Grade: A

I was sooo incredibly excited to read this one. After seeing all the amazing reviews for it, I just needed my own copy. I had to drive over half an hour to go to a B&N that had copies. But it was so worth it. I had high hopes for this novel, and I was not disappointed. I loved Parker's sarcasm. She was super fun, but it bothered me the way she treated the people that cared about her. The only thing wrong with the book was the ending, for me. I want to know more! I want to know what happens! Like all the other reviewers last comment, you should FOR SURE pick up a copy of this. It was sooo great, and you won't be disappointed. I hope Courtney writes more novels for me to devour! :]

2 comments:

Kali. said...

ahh this book sounds good. it's on my tbr list, but I haven't gotten to picking it up yet.

-Kaylee.

Steph Su said...

Yayyy I really want to read this book as well.