Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saving Zoë


Saving Zoë
by Alyson Noël

4.5/5

Zoë was murdered just one year ago. Echo, her 15 year-old sister, is still dealing with it. Her freshman year is just starting and she is feeling awkward. One day, Zoë's "ex" boyfriend, Marc, calls her, and says he has a birthday present for her. She meets him at the lake, a place where he and Zoë went all the time. He gave her Zoë's diary.

When she first gets the diary, she doesn't want to read it. She thinks that she knows all about her, and she won't learn anything from the diary. But she gets curious, and starts reading. And once she starts, she can't stop. Zoë had her own secret world.

She wants to be like her sister, leave her boring life behind. She hangs out with Teresa, a girl who is on the bad side. Marc is around more, and Echo thinks she can only trust him with this. He read the diary too. He knows what she's going through. He knows all about Zoë as well. So, when Echo and Teresa hang out with Jason, Marc is not happy.

As Echo gets to know her sister through her diary, she learns what she has to do to move on herself.

This book was really good. It was a quick read, and really emotional. It was very intriguing too. I couldn't stop reading it. I didn't expect a lot of it either, so it kept me surprised. I love how Alyson writes; this is the second novel I've read of her's. I recommend this book and Art Geeks and Prom Queens, which I read a long time before I started this blog. You won't be disappointed with this book. I promise. :)

0 comments: