Sunday, November 16, 2008

Project 17



Project 17
by Laurie Faria Stolarz

5/5

Derik needs a way to get out of flipping burgers at his family's diner. He finds a film making contest for a reality channel, and decides to go for it. It is the eve of Danver State's demolition, a supposedly haunted mental institution.

Derik and five of his peers break into the asylum, so Derik can film his documentary. All seems well at first, but then the place starts messing with them. As the teens explore the asylum, they find things, and unravel mysteries of the patients that once lived there. And perhaps some of them are still there somehow.

Wow. I saw a review for this book and I just HAD to get it. And I was not disappointed. It helps that the paranormal fascinates me as well. I just love hauntings, and abandoned insane asylums are creepy cool. Love it. :) But, really. This book was great. It was hard to put down, and it wasn't the longest book either. If you're interested in that kind of thing, like me, I suggest this book for you. You'll for sure enjoy it!

*Also reviewed for teensreadtoo.com


(My new signature :] )

3 comments:

Carolina said...

I love paranormal books. I really want to read this book. I've been hearing great things about it.

YA Book Realm said...

I have yet to read this one but I really enjoy Laurie Stolarz's book!

Tasha said...

I have never heard of this, but it sounds good, and very creepy. I'll have to look for it.