Thursday, February 18, 2010

Some Girls Are


Some Girls Are: A Novel
by Courtney Summers

Regina Afton was part of the Fearsome Fivesome, the clique at school that everyone was afraid of. Not any more, because of a false rumor going around that involves her, and her best friend's boyfriend.

Now Regina is at the bottom of the food-chain of Hallowell High. Her ex-best friends are bullying her more and more daily. Regina finds solace in Michael Hayden, a boy who she herself used to bully. While around him, Regina feels better, until she may have to give it up so Michael doesn't get hurt too.

Grade: A+

Wow. What else can I say? Amazing. Fantastic. Brilliant. The only bad thing about this novel was the ending, because it ended to fast for me. I want more on what happens after the fact, but I guess this will have to do.

Some Girls Are
takes Mean Girls to a WHOLE new level. No kidding. I couldn't even fathom how girls can be so vicious. And to someone who was your friend before.

I really liked Regina's character. I really felt for her. How could I not? I mean, sure, she was a total biotch, but she was thrown out on a lie that was the farthest thing from the truth. I loved her and Michael. I just wanted them to be together from her first lunch at the Garbage Table.

Courtney Summers is a genius. I don't know how she does it, but I sure hope she does it again soon.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree sooo much! And I love your last line. I hope she does it again soon too. ;)

Test said...

Nice review! I thought this book amazing, fantastic, and brilliant too, and I can't wait to read more by Courtney.

Unknown said...

Darn that library for not having it yet!! But her other novel "Cracked up to be" is verrry good!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
Here is usful info too.....

Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers
Thanks

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles