Thursday, October 1, 2009

The King's Rose


The King's Rose
by Alisa M. Libby

Yet another young female has caught the eye of the aging King Henry Tudor. This time it is fifteen year old Catherine Howard, cousin to Anne Boleyn. Less than a year has she passed since her arrival at court, and she is now the Queen of England. Catherine's new life of luxury and being the king's "rose without a thorn" is different.

But Catherine's past haunts her, so she must be careful. She dreams of that kiss she shared with her (distant) cousin, Thomas Culpeper. A perfect kiss. Her relations with other men. But all must stay a secret, or death caused by treason could come her way.

Grade: A+

I am a HUGE historical fiction fan, and I am especially interested in reading about Henry Tudor and his numerous wives. Once I heard about this book, I had to have it, but it took me a while to get it, sadly. This was one of those novels that is hard to put down, because you really want to know what happens next. There isn't much for me to say, really. I loved this book. It was amazing, and if you're a fan of historical fiction, you should pick this up for sure.

*also reviewed for teensreadtoo.com